Company Name Change Service
The name of a company can be changed at any time after incorporation. If application is filed electronically the process usually takes two working days to complete. To proceed complete the short form below and proceed to checkout
If application is to be filed electronically:
- (i) You will receive digital documentation (see below for details) by email which should be signed and retained with the company records.
- (ii) A Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name will be forwarded to you as an email attachment.
If application is to be filed by post:
- (i) You will receive digital documentation (see below) usually by email.
- (ii) You will need to sign the documentation and post the Special Resolution to Companies House.
- (iii) A Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name (in hard copy) will be forwarded to you by Companies House.
What is included:
- Companies House fee.
- Completion and filing of the NM01 form, which is used to notify Companies House of a change of name.
- Board Meeting Minutes – Passed by the Directors and retained with the company records.
- Special Resolution – All existing shareholders must agree to change the name of the company and sign resolution.
Please provide the following information:
Company Name Change - Frequently asked Questions
No. This will remain the same.
If you simply made a spelling mistake when you registered your company name, you will be required to process a change of company name order to correct the mistake.
No. This change requires you to re-register your private limited company to a plc using form RR01.
You will need to provide supporting evidence or a letter of non-objection from the relevant authority to support your application. Please forward this documentation to us by email at your earliest convenience.
When a sensitive word is included in the new company name, we will be required to order your company name change by post, and the whole process will take between 5 to 10 working days.
No. Your original certificate of incorporation will remain intact and will be supplemented with a certificate of company name change. The memorandum will not change, as this lists the subscribers to the company on the day it was formed.