Company Administrative Restoration
If a company was struck off for non-compliance then it could be eligible for Administrative Restoration. The following criteria must be met:
1. This procedure can only be used to restore Companies and LLPs that were struck off by the Registrar of Companies.
2. Application must be made within 6 years of the date the company or LLP was struck off.
3. The Company or LLP must have been in business at the time it was struck off.
4. Compared to a Court Order restoration this is not an expensive process. (See below for our fees).
5. The process is relatively quick because there is no need to obtain a court order.
6. Before the company or LLP can be restored:
- All outstanding Annual Returns and Accounts will have to be filed;
- All the Annual Return filing fees will need to be paid;
- Any fines and outstanding penalties will need to be paid.
6. Companies that were situated in either Cornwall or Lancashire when they were dissolved will incur extra charges. The extra charges of £125+vat are payable to solicitors representing the Duchy Estates.
7. An application may only be made by a former director or shareholder of the company.
1. The original company name may not be available if another company or LLP has registered a similar name. A dissolved company does not have priority and will need to change its name.
2. If the outstanding penalties are too high it may be better to apply for a Court Order Restoration.
The costs involved in Administrative Restoration are detailed below: